Re: Blank pages -Reply

Subject: Re: Blank pages -Reply
From: Ann Mackenzie <AnnMacknz -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 13:34:16 -0400

In a message dated 97-06-11 12:45:01 EDT, Nancy Kaminski wrote:

<< I believe this custom (inserting "This page intentionally left blank")
arose when writing military manuals, or other governmental manuals. >>

Exactly right. Government doc also demanded the change pages and the
numbering of added pages 12-a, 12-b, etc. We also wrote in longhand on lined
paper pads and gave our material to typists for transcription. (I'm speaking
of the middle ages here :-))

We're lucky to not be held to these outdated (right, .mil writers?) customs
any more.

Ann