FrameMaker vs PageMaker

Subject: FrameMaker vs PageMaker
From: "E,T, Hull" <ethull -at- WORLDACCESS -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 17:06:07 +0200

I am looking for a program which is suited for writing and layout of
technical manuals of about 150 pages. They will include a lot of tables
and some figures. I have heard that both PageMaker and FrameMaker are good
for this.
My questions:
What are the major differences between them?
Advantages and disadvantages?
Is import of old manuals from Word Perfect and Word possible?
Which do you prefer?

Thanks,
Ed Hull
Professional English