Re: STC Certification Survey

Subject: Re: STC Certification Survey
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 14:29:14 -0400

Hmmm. The certification thing again. When I was
a more junior writer, it appealed to me as something
that would add to my credibility. However, as others
have noted, our skills vary too widely -- I just
can't imagine how one would implement said cert.
Recently, I had lots of folks apply for a position --
lots of good qualified people, but just not with
the particular set of skills I wanted. Doesn't mean
they aren't excellent tech writers with skills
that some other company needs.

What are STC's ideas on the practical issues like
how to implement?
--
Alexia Prendergast
Senior Technical Writer