Re: RoboHELP question

Subject: Re: RoboHELP question
From: "Cramer, Kim" <kcramer -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 07:48:00 -0700

Ernie Tamminga said:
>If by "help project documents" you mean individual projects, remember
>that you won't be able to jump from topic to topic across the different
>projects.

In my experience, the term "help project documents" is used to refer to
all documents that are compiled together to produce a single Help
system. Jumps between topics in different help project documents but
within the same Help system are easy to do.

You can also link topics in completely different Help systems using the
JumpID macro. The macro parameters include both the context ID and the
Help file name (Using.hlp for example). However, I think you must be
sure that the Help system you're linking to is in the same subdirectory
as the Help system you're linking from (in the delivered installed app).
One caveat - once users have linked to another Help system, the back
button will not take them back to the previous Help system.