Re: Experience VS Ability

Subject: Re: Experience VS Ability
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 13:26:56 -0400

If tight deadline, probably not. Too risky.

If not-so-tight deadline, I'd be more willing
to consider the candidate if she said something
like this, "Although I haven't used Tool X,
I have used Tool Y and understand DTP concepts
such as A, B, and C. In the past, these skills
have been transferable, and I believe they would
be now as well." (I don't care for the tone of
the candidate below -- she doesn't convey confidence,
but rather naiveté and a disregard for my concern
for my project.)

A.

--
Alexia Prendergast