Re: Levity in the workplace

Subject: Re: Levity in the workplace
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 14:25:42 -0600

These gags are great!

I'm so glad to hear that mine is not the only
office that has regular stress relievers!

Our regular is "Top 10 Lists." The target can be
someone in the office or some goofy situation--just
about anything goes. We have lists on average of
two times a week, but on really creative days we
might have more than one per day. 10 is not strictly
enforced; sometimes more, sometimes fewer. We have
a chalk board that is offically where we sign out
when we take an afternoon off, but 90% of the board
is saved for the lists or for important announcements.
It is on the way to the snack machine/rest room area,
so we can challenge ourselves to add something to
the list when we take a microbreak.

Today's list is "Top 10 reasons Randy doesn't know
how to make coffee." Another recent one was "Top 10
defenses in the Clinton/Jones trial." They often
reflect current staff changes, such as "Top 10
*real* reasons Paul is moving to L.A." (Hi, Hillary J! ;)

As far as gags go, don't forget the classic gag of
filling a flipper-door bookshelf with foam packing
peanuts.

I don't think I'd last long in an office that didn't
have some form of levity!

Regards,
LaVonna
(who works in the Duncan, Oklahoma office of COREComm)

PS: We aren't quite like Letterman. We start at 1.
LaVonna F. Funkhouser lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
COREComm Webmaster webmaster -at- corecomm -dot- com

http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/