Re: certification redux

Subject: Re: certification redux
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 01:11:19 -0700

Jim Chevallierastutely noted:

>I've stood pretty clear of this whole thing because, frankly, whatever the
>outcome, I don't think it will have much practical effect in most places.
>The down side .... a certain inflexibility of thought.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DOH! I stepped right into that one....

When I first got started in TW, I arrived as an Information Mapping(R) True
Believer.
I spent half of my second gig re-architecting (no, that isn't a real word)
existing Frame templates to strict IM guidelines, another quarter telling
everyone how wonderful IM'ing was gonna be for the project, an eighth of my
time waiting for my engineer to show up and take me to the lab (while
engineer was in his/her cube rewriting everything I'd mapped back into
2000-word bloodges of text), and another eighth of my time actually writing
new material....

Um, the project got done, but I didnt hafta come in for the last five days
of my contract, or start any other projects <blush/chaGRIN>

In the four years since then, I've had the liberty to use IM techniques on
*TWO* projects that actually got finished.

>[JC] I don't think the market cares.

Sir, Yes Sir, No Sir, won't happen again Sir!

Dan BRINEGAR, CCDB Vr2Link

Leveraging Institutional Memory through Contextual
Digital Asymptotic Approximations of Application Processes suited to
utilization by Information-Constrained, Self-Actualizing
Non-Technologists.

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com
http://www.vr2link.com <--fixed!