Re: Re[2]: Certification Issues

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Certification Issues
From: Bill DuBay <bill_dubay -at- PHOENIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:13:50 PDT

Arlen,
Certification gives you the opportunity to have your skills publicly
ratified by your peers, the most objective validation of skills available.
It gives you a professional group that not only can identify new technologies
and challenges, but also equip and certify you for them.

Bill DuBay
Technical Writer
Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
email: bill_dubay -at- phoenix -dot- com
(714)790-2049 FAX: (714)790-2001
http://www.phoenix.com
-------------
Original Text
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>, on 6/17/97 6:03 AM:
The primary reason for certification is to enable members of the
profession to define who they are, what are the skills that make them
unique, what contributions they make to industry, etc.

Once again, that is something that can easily be accomplished without a
certification process. A simple list will suffice. So this is *not* a
primary reason for certification, but yet another byproduct of it. The
reason for certification is exclusion, why not just admit it and get on
with the rest of the discussion?

Nobody is imposing anything on us from outside.

If you set up a cert process, you most certainly *are* imposing something
on me from outside. It's nothing I want or need or ask for, so it's
certainly not coming from inside.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224