Re: Certification Issues

Subject: Re: Certification Issues
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 02:25:35 -0400

In a message dated 97-06-17 16:27:30 EDT, ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL (Parks,
Beverly) writes:

<< the discussion may be tiring and repetitive>>
MAY be? A discussion that's already made all the points to be made ceases to
be a discussion, and becomes a posture-fest. Would you publish a manual that
repeated the same alternate ways to do something OVER and OVER again?

I've seen *soap operas* with more original material.....

<< it is an important issue to the profession. What other venue does a large
number of geographically dispersed TCs, STC members and non-members, have to
discuss this issue? If it is not to be discussed here, then where? >>
Presuming there is some actual end result to be accomplished here, perhaps
those who really care about this (and want to continue to respond to what
certainly appear to we the innocent like the same arguments repeated over and
over) could create a sub-list, summarize the conclusions (or at least the
jointly agreed pros and cons) and post ONE summary.

No matter how important an issue is, I utterly fail to see the value of
recycling arguments over and over again in front of the same group. This
from a group whose collective profession involves presenting information in a
clear and uncluttered way?

Jim C.
Los Angeles