Re: Long-distance contracts

Subject: Re: Long-distance contracts
From: Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- CHEBUCTO -dot- NS -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:49:09 -0300

I agree with Fabian and Alexia (and any others I might have missed, since
I get the digest). I visit my client occasionally, but all production is
done from my home. I am in a different country from my client.

John (Posada)'s comment that "what I (or you) don't have from off-site
is the ability to grab 2 or 3 associates ... and take care of a problem
... immediately" works both ways. On the plus side, when some of us are
working offsite, more tends to get done over the long term. I'm not ever
called away from the work at hand -- I'm the workhorse in the back room.
My client is grateful that I'm not available for immediate "problems." I
fill a valuable role in the overall teamwork.

John also says, "There is a difference between working at home a couple
of days a week ... and being in one country and working for a company in
another country." Viva la difference! In our experience, it allows
managers to manage and producers to produce.

Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- chebucto -dot- ns -dot- ca>