Re: Re[6]: Certification Redux [Ref:C704876]

Subject: Re: Re[6]: Certification Redux [Ref:C704876]
From: "Friedman, Michael" <mhf -at- DSC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:52:07 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Whelan [SMTP:agi259 -at- FREENET -dot- MB -dot- CA]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 1997 2:37 PM
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

Geoff,

Sorry that my little attempt at humour got you so riled up. I was only
trying to lighten up the turgid debate involving the C word. I did
look up redux in my Oxford English Encyclopedic - not there. I
stretched over for my Gage Canadian - not there. My Webster's was just
out of reach and I didn't feel like stretching any further on such a
lighthearted mission. If a word is not in the other two it generally
means it is only used by a few people in a small area of the world
(dive dive dive - flame alert).
BTW, I have heard of that Updike guy, didn't he write a book about
rabbits?

Updike wrote a book called Rabbit Redux, which I believe is a kind of
Cajun rabbit gumbo served on a bed of dirty rice. From this we can
surmise the true meaning of the word. :-)

Michael