Job Posting: Waterloo, Ontario

Subject: Job Posting: Waterloo, Ontario
From: Greg Cento <greg -at- FOCUS-SYSTEMS -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 08:20:03 -0500

Focus Automation Systems Inc. is looking for a Junior to Intermediate
Information Developer for its small but growing Information Development
(ID) team. The ID team is involved in every facet of product development -
from functional specification writing, to interface design, to end user
documentation and usability testing.

As a member of our team, you will work closely with product development to
build information systems for our customers. You will be given the
opportunity to manage your own projects with minimal supervision, and in
turn are expected to contribute to the value of the systems we create.

The following is a list of skills and experiences we are looking for in the
ideal candidate:

* excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* knowledge of usability testing (either formal or informal) practices
* experience with exceptionally long documentation projects
* online writing/editing experience
* user interface design work
* experience with Macintosh, Windows NT, and UNIX (QNX) operating systems
* a relevant university or college education
* one to three years experience
* knowledge of C and C++ programming principles
* eagerness to learn and develop your skills
* ability to innovate when the "standard" solutions aren't enough
* illustration skills an asset

At Focus Systems, the Information Developers are integral participants in
product development. And because we are a small team with large
responsibilities, it is essential that you bring a positive, team oriented
attitude to the job.

To apply for this position, please send your resume, quoting competition
number jiid9706, via one of the following channels:

Post: Attn. Human Resources
Focus Automation Systems Inc.
101 Randall Drive
Waterloo, Ontario
N2V 1C5

Fax: (519) 746-1170

Email: hr -at- focus-systems -dot- on -dot- ca

Greg Cento
Team Leader, Information Development
greg -at- focus-systems -dot- on -dot- ca
Focus Automation Systems Inc.