Re[3]: Redux redux

Subject: Re[3]: Redux redux
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:08:41 -0500

<sigh>
Redux is perfectly good Latin adjective meaning "that leads or brings
back (active)" or "brought back; recovered (passive)". (See p. 634,
_Chambers Murray latin-english dictionary_).

You gotta love a crowd of TW's who can't use a dictionary. I started off
down this road when I offered some cutesy "daffynitions" of it so I
probably can't complain too loudly, but at least I knew the definition and
was only trying to make a funny!

Webster's gives an origin of 1660 for it, and claims it is used
"postpositively." If you'll stoop to enlighten an ignorant fool such as I,
what the heck is "postpositively?" To be used only *after* I'm certain?

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224