Re: Techwhirl and STC Newsletters

Subject: Re: Techwhirl and STC Newsletters
From: Paula Puffer <techwrtr -at- CEI -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 13:53:05 -0500

>Does the quality of this listserv reduce the impact of local STC
>newsletters?

Generally, you have two completely different audiences with the chapter
newsletter and TECHWR-L.

We're gonna try something different with our newsletter here in Little
Rock. I'm writing a short software review for the newsletter (1000 words
for two apps), but then I am going to put a longer version of the software
review on my homepage. When I bounced the idea off of the newsletter
editor, he thought it sounded like a good idea. The URL will be at the end
of the article and folks can see a longer review with screen shots.

A newsletter article will reach the folks you're likely to work with
locally (who may provide little or no feedback other than "I saw your
article,") While the TECHWR-L audience (often ten times larger than your
newsletter audience) will bring broader feedback and more-diverse
brainpower to bear.

When the time comes, I'll let ya'll know when the software review is posted
so I can get feedback 8-)

A newsletter article has more impact in your portfolio than a printed
net-posting, tho... dunno why <smirk>

Agreed 8-)

Paula
*********