Re: Truth from TECHWR-L

Subject: Re: Truth from TECHWR-L
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 07:43:45 -0700

Kevin Montgomery asked:

>So, how do you tell an attached file from, say, a message about
>certification?

If you've got your mail software set up correctly, when a certification
message comes in, the MIME decoder chokes on it and your machine crashes.
If it's an attachment, the MIME decoder will merrily decode the file, and
replace all your Word Templates with the patented Microsoft Cross-platform
Mischief/GoodTimes Macro virus, and all the machines on your LAN crash.

Hope that helps...

>Amy Brown wrote:
>>Please, please, folks, can we refrain from attaching files?
><snip>
>>instead of getting a file, get a huge wad of gibberish in the middle of
>>the message.

Dan BRINEGAR, CCDB Vr2Link
Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.
Phoenix, Arizona

"Liberating the Technical Communicator," at 110 pages and counting
vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com
http://www.vr2link.com
CheckOut! Electronic Commerce Suite: http://www.nowtools.com