Client Wants to Charge for Use of Equipment!

Subject: Client Wants to Charge for Use of Equipment!
From: Joe Sokohl <jsokohl -at- CAMPBELLSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 11:45:00 -0500

Help!
Emergency post--a friend of mine just left a consulting firm to start
as an independent consultant (long story). Basically, her firm
wouldn't support her career, and her client wanted her, not the firm.
Anyway, she's at the same place as before. Now, however, the bean
counters have presented her with a hard-ball attitude (vis a vis
contract): They want to charge her for rental of their equipment,
space, telephone, software, etc. Meanwhile, they are requiring that
she use their equipment (she can't use her own) and that she work on
site (can't telecommute).

Help! Any advice? Any quick thoughts? Respond off line, please, since
I subscribe digest and since I need to hear as soon as humanly
possible (of course, a dual post to the list'd be ok, too--I just need
to hear via e-mail, if possible).

I really want to help her, and I know this list has a lot of people
who can provide great insight.

Thanks.

joe
Joe Sokohl
Manager of Documentation
Campbell Software, Inc.
http://www.campbellsoft.com

The opinions expressed in this mail are mine.
They don't necessarily represent Campbell Software or any of its
affiliates.