Re: Client Wants to Charge for Use of Equipment!

Subject: Re: Client Wants to Charge for Use of Equipment!
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 18:18:21 -0700

I used to work for a consulting company that billed computer usage time
to their clients. Is it possible that this is where the "computer
rental" idea is coming from? If so, then she could explain how, if she
has to pay a rental fee, then she needs a way to pass that cost on to
their client, or that the cost should be recouped from the client to
cover what they want to charge her.... Hopefully this will point out to
the bean counters that their thinking isn't quite straight--they should
be passing computer rental off to their client, not their contractor.

I thought Tim A. had a good point--just say no. Sounds to me like your
friend has some clout--they were willing to go with her over the agency.