Wordless manuals redux <grin>

Subject: Wordless manuals redux <grin>
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 11:57:59 -0500

In the context of our discussion about a "wordless manual",
Sunil Gokhale suggested <<i. Define the various activities
which revolve around the product. ii. Identify the specific
actions and assign some - character, caricature to those
actions. iii. Evolve the activity through these
caricatures.>>

Excellent suggestion. You would probably need a cover sheet
for each target audience to define the items proposed in
these suggestions, but since we already define other
conventions in manuals (e.g., menu commands in boldface), I
see no reason why something like this wouldn't work.