Footers for Beta documentation

Subject: Footers for Beta documentation
From: "Michal Berman (telaviv)" <Michal -at- TELAVIV -dot- NDSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 08:50:00 +0100

Hi

(I checked the archives and didn't find what I was looking for, so with
trepidation I post this message!)

Are there (legal or other) standards to consider when producing
documentation for beta versions of a software product? More
specifically, is it essential to put the word "beta" next to the version
number in the footer of the beta documentation on every page? Or is
simply putting the word "beta" on the cover enough?

Even if there are no set standards, I would appreciate hearing what
other companies do. Feel free to post to me directly, or the list (if
you think the topic would interest others).

Thanks!

Michal (Marta) Berman
Documentation Manager
New Dimension Software
michal -at- telaviv -dot- ndsoft -dot- com