Request for Case Studies

Subject: Request for Case Studies
From: "Deborah S. Bosley" <dsbosley -at- EMAIL -dot- UNCC -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 21:57:05 -0500

"Call for Case Studies"

Those of you who have written or are writing case studies in international
technical communication, consider submitting your case study for a new
collection of itc case studies for Allyn & Bacon.

As the editor, I am looking for cases that would be appropriate for
students (graduate and undergraduate), teachers, and trainers. In order to
satisfy the needs of that diverse group, which will include those who have
experience with international communication and those who do not, we will
publish 10-15 cases including 1) those that provide an analysis (for those
who are not conversant in international issues), and 2) those that provide
questions for students. Authors may choose whether they submit a case with
an analsis or with a set of questions.

Cases will be grouped according to issues (e.g. international
collaboration, international visual considerations) and each issue will be
discussed by pairing those cases with analyses and those with questions. By
doing so, teachers, trainers, and students will be able learn how to
conduct an analysis of cases as well as learn how to respond to issues
inherent in the cases themselves. I will provide an introduction to the
volume.

If you are interested in providing cases for this volume, please contact me at

dsbosley -at- email -dot- uncc -dot- edu

Deadline for an abstract is July 15th. Publication
date: September 1998.

I am pleased to have the opportunity to work on this project: join me!

Deborah S. Bosley
Associate Professor of English
Program Advisor for Technical/Professional Writing
Charlotte, North Carolina 28223-0001
dsbosley -at- email -dot- uncc -dot- edu
(704) 547-2708 (o)
(704) 523-1282 (h)
FAX: (704) 547-3961