Re: Color Printers

Subject: Re: Color Printers
From: Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- SABU -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 12:36:01 -0700

> From Carole -dot- Dossing -at- SODIUM -dot- CRS -dot- COM Mon Jul 7 11:52:19 1997
> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 13:54:56 -0500
> From: Carole Dossing <Carole -dot- Dossing -at- SODIUM -dot- CRS -dot- COM>
> Subject: Color Printers
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
>
> I am beginning a documentation project for a software application.
> Color is a very important part of this application. I am going to need
> a color printer, but I don't know what kind we should get. The
> documentation will consist mostly of black text, but color graphics
> (screen shots) will also be included. I want something that will
> produce crisp text, but also good color quality. Any ideas? Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Carole Dossing
> Technical Writer
> BRC Health Care
> e-mail: carole -dot- dossing -at- emstat -dot- com
> phone: (512)472-0191

There is an excellent article on color printers in the
July issue of PEI magazine. The issue is not in their
web site ((peimag) yet, but there is lots of other
interesting information on electronic imaging.

Most review articles I've seen rate the Epson 800
(1,440x720 dpi) highest of the low-cost ink jets.
Cost is about $450.

Bob Morrisette
writer1 -at- sabu -dot- Eng -dot- sun -dot- com