Re: No-compete agreements

Subject: Re: No-compete agreements
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 09:43:43 -0700

Daniel-

> As a second issue, how can an agency insist on a no-compete agreement if
> they have no work for you? Do they usually put you "on the bench" and pay
> you some sort of salary in those gaps between jobs? If they don't, and
> don't have work, how can they prohibit you from working for another agency?

I've never heard of an agency enforcing a noncompetition agreement
regarding other agencies. The agreements are usually signed WHEN you
are signed to work for one of their client companies, and are written so
that you can't go to work for that client for anywhere from a year to 18
months after the end of that particular contract.

Elna Tymes