Re: Contents at a Glance

Subject: Re: Contents at a Glance
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 14:08:12 -0700

Agree, Beth. I tend to use a contents with only 2 heading levels, an
index, obvious headings in the text for easy browsing, and then a
bulleted task-oriented summary at the beginning of each chapter. I also
make sure that there's an index entry for every 3rd or lower heading.

So I guess you could say I use an "at a glance" contents but not an
exhaustive one. This is because I tend to buy into that whole schema
theory--give'em a raw structure on which to hang new knowledge.
Sella Rush
sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems, Inc. (ATS)
Bremerton, Washington USA