UK word for hash mark?

Subject: UK word for hash mark?
From: Kirstin Mercer <kirstin -at- CYBERCASH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 18:28:27 -0400

I'm posting the following for a co-worker who can't get this message to come
through to the list... please respond to her directly (mollyh -at- cybercash -dot- com).

Thanks!!

I remember this coming up *months* ago, but I forget the answer! In the
UK, is there a different word for hash mark (#)? In our US doc, we tell
users to comment out lines of code with a hash mark, but I thought the term
was different in the UK.

You can respond to me directly.

Thanks!

Molly