Re: FWD: Job Opportunity Anxiety

Subject: Re: FWD: Job Opportunity Anxiety
From: Diane Burke <dburke -at- RIGEL -dot- TYDAC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:04:07 +0000

Hi,

>FORWARDED ANONYMOUSLY ON REQUEST.
>REPLY _ON_ THE LIST--I CANNOT FORWARD INDIVIDUAL
>MESSAGES. ERIC

>Job Opportunity Anxiety

>My Anxieties: This is not truly a Technical Writing position,
>but is definately a Technical Communication position. I'm
>excited by the opportunity, but leary of leaving the area with
>which I am so comfortable.

Have you heard of the terms "comfort zone" and "repotting one's self"?

We all have our comfort zone, outside of which we feel anxious and
disoriented. The growth process sometimes requires one to leave
their comfort zone in order to open themselves to new experiences. The
accompanying feelings are normal.

When we repot a plant, we are changing its environment in order to
encourage its continued growth. Similarly, it may be necessary to "repot"
ourselves in order to allow new opportunities and challenges to come into
our lives.

You have a big decision ahead of you, but I think your use of
the words "excited by the opportunity" is a good clue....

Diane

--
Diane Burke
TYDAC Research Inc.

613-226-5525, Ext. 202
dburke -at- tydac -dot- com

"The human mind, once stretched to a new idea,
never goes back to its original dimensions."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes