Re: Use of "your"

Subject: Re: Use of "your"
From: Cheryle Wiese <cjwiese -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 08:20:47 PDT

I'm currently studying for my Technical Writing Certificate at a local
community college, and all my instructors have stressed that we use the
second person pronoun. We were taught that it's more "reader friendly"
and that the impersonal "the user" or whatever should be reserved for
scientific academia.

http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html