Word documents on AS/400

Subject: Word documents on AS/400
From: Barbara Holcombe <bholcombe1 -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:39:46 EDT

Hello everyone!

I'm new to Techwr-l and have not seen the archives (and cannot access
them) so excuse me if this topic has already been discussed.

I was wondering if anyone out there currently writes documents in Word
and then converts the documents so that they are available on the AS/400
in the form of online help?

The problem: We have documentation for our old (but still in use) Legacy
products that was written on a S/38 using Office Vision. Our company no
longer uses S/38s; they have changed to the AS/400. The documentation is
really old and needs to be updated. We have been told that we can convert
the doc from Office Vision to Word, but have received different responses
as to how to make the Word documents available on the AS/400.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Barbara Holcombe (Columbine JDS)
bholcomb -at- juno -dot- com