Re: disclosure (was Re: LAW: (long) enforceability of noncompeteagreements)

Subject: Re: disclosure (was Re: LAW: (long) enforceability of noncompeteagreements)
From: Wally Glassett <wallyg -at- THEGRID -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:28:21 -0700

Cramer, Kim wrote:

> If any of you would like information on a recent case involving
> non-compete agreements, check out:
>
> http://www.flash.net/~cmiller/ctgweb.htm
>
> It's fascinating reading! (Full disclosure: I do not know the
> plaintiff, although I did work for the defendant company for 2.5
> years.
> I also had problems with them, but they were trivial compared to what
> the plaintiff went through.)

Colleagues:

Having read almost all of what was available at the referenced web site,
I think the posting was entirely appropriate, and I thank Kim for
bringing it to our attention. In the Bay Area times are very good, and
since almost all technical professionals are in very short supply it's a
seller's market. However, times will change (not soon, I hope!), and we
should all keep in mind the potential pitfalls that can lie in wait for
the unwary contractor.

We should all be very grateful for Stacey's courage and determination to
see her situation through, even though it's still not over.

Wally Glassett