Re: Job Opportunity Anxiety

Subject: Re: Job Opportunity Anxiety
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 22:16:02 -0700

Yer talking about the very Future of Technical Communications (tm)... take
it! I'd *KILL* for this job!

By the time you get done with the project, you'll either never need to
worry about "traditional" techwriting again, or you'll be so sick of the
Whole General Sort of TC Mish-Mash that you'll glady take a job in the food
service or domestic engineering trades... either way, I believe you'll
never hafta look back.

Go for it....

I stepped wwwayyy outta my comfort zone as a mainframe op writing my first
technical document on a Mac 12 years ago... now I'd never wanna work on a
mainframe again...

>Job Opportunity Anxiety
>
>I'm presented with an opportunity that looks very interesting,
>but I'm a bit concerned about the direction it will take my
>career. I'd love your insights.
>
>My Anxieties: This is not truly a Technical Writing position,
>but is definately a Technical Communication position. I'm
>excited by the opportunity, but leary of leaving the area with
>which I am so comfortable.
>
>I'm wondering if I take this job, whether I could readily
>move back into traditional tech writing (manuals, online help,
>etc.) if I wanted to down the road.

The Force wil be with you.
dan'l

Dan BRINEGAR, CCDB Vr2Link
Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.
Phoenix, Arizona

"Liberating the Technical Communicator," at 110 pages and counting
vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com
http://www.vr2link.com
CheckOut! Electronic Commerce Suite: http://www.nowtools.com