Re: Dress Code *Results*

Subject: Re: Dress Code *Results*
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 14:44:09 -0400

Egad, you're kidding! <re: informal survey results below>

Phew! I've been lucky for the past five years or so, then.
The only time I wear something dressier than jeans is when
I'm dealing with customers, interviewing someone, or my
partner hasn't done the laundry! ;) (Before that, I worked
for 4 years for an Engineering/Consulting firm and wore
suits in the office and green flame-retardant overalls in the
field.)

Average dress code at my last three companies has been jeans,
T-shirts, shorts, sandals, etc. One of the VPs at one of the
companies that said we'd have to ask permission ahead of time
to wear a suit, and that if we didn't, we'd be sent home!

*DISCLAIMER (i.e., save your flames) *
*Of course, above all, I'm for clothes that are *
*appropriate for your environment, much like the*
*nerf, no nerf debate a few months ago. *

Jeans are as much part of our "uniform" as suits are to others.
(Remember the Dilbert cartoon that shows various levels of
sloppiness and corresponding technical abilities, with the
sloppiest being the most technical? Image-wise, it's not that
far off...)

A.
--
Alexia Prendergast