Good Intro to Programming book?

Subject: Good Intro to Programming book?
From: Jennifer Jelinek <jlkraus -at- AMETEKWATER -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:40:25 -0500

Diane Williams mentioned that she wanted to read up on some programming...so I'm going to avoid the degree thread completely and ask a question:

Anyone know of a GOOD intro to programming book? The ones at my community library are all ancient, and I don't want to shell out $60+ for a book that won't help me learn because it's either too advanced or two "out-there".

Thanks!

Jennifer Jelinek
jlkraus -at- ametekwater -dot- com