Re: Degree Snobs

Subject: Re: Degree Snobs
From: Pat Gantt <pagantt -at- POSTOFFICE -dot- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 14:16:27 -0500

> 1) It's *possible* to get a degree without learning anything.

NO! High school diploma yes, degree NO!

> 2) It's *possible* to learn a great deal without getting a degree.

YES

Are these trick questions? ;-0

> I'm not sure which of those two points touches a nerve with the degreed
> people, but one of them certainly does, and I'm at a loss to understand
> why. Can you help me?

Apparently you need to reread the sends. I'm sure Eric
will tell you where they are. People without degrees telling
us what boobs those of us have sweated blood to earn telling us
they are useless. Not even implied. Was explicit.

Geeesh somehow I think we have been down this road
before. Substitute "certification" for "degree"
and by golly same sheeet different day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best Regards,
~~~~,,.
~~~~~~(o o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~oOO==(_)==OOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pat Gantt
Personal email ~ pagantt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net
The University of Tennessee, M.S. HRD
VoTech Guide ~ The Mining Company
Business Mail ~ votech -dot- guide -at- miningco -dot- com
http://votech.miningco.com
GO VOLS! .oooO Oooo.
( ) ( )
\ ( ) /