environmental tw

Subject: environmental tw
From: Rebecca R Chamberlain <rebrc -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 21:44:46 -0600

I think my friend would make an excellent environmental tech writer and
would like to encourage her to look into the idea. (She's currently doing
clerical work for $6 an hour) What can you environmentals tell me about
it? What kind of writing do you do? What kind of companies do you work
for? What kind of salary range is there? Where are the best jobs found?
Where are the most jobs found (regardless of quality!)? She has a BS in
conservation biology with a minor in journalism and is a good writer.
What other skills/knowledge would she need to land a first job? What else
would you suggest she do to get started?

Please respond off list and if there's enough interest, I'll summarize.
Thanks in advance!
Rebecca
rebrc -at- juno -dot- com