Re: Use the mailto: prefix in your email signatures

Subject: Re: Use the mailto: prefix in your email signatures
From: "Nina L. Panzica" <panin -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:30:56 -0500

>When you write your email in your signature, consider writing it with a
>mailto: prefix, as follows:
>
> mailto:myname -at- myserver -dot- com
>
>Then the signature will be a live link in most browsers (just like any
>http://www.site.com becomes a link). Readers can click on your signature
>to respond.

Thanks for the useful tip, Lionel. I think that anything that makes you
easier to contact will help bring more business your way.

Here's a tip of my own: if you have a single home office phone that you use
for everything from faxing to modem communications to voicemail, it can be
hard at times for people wanting to hire you to get through. Get a pager
and advertise that as your second contact number. Then try to call others
who page you back immediately.

Regards,
Nina P.
____

Nina Panzica
Masterpiece Media
(404) 237-7889
Can't reach me at the above number? Try my pager: 404-596-7889
mailto:panin -at- mindspring -dot- com
http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/

Links to other Technical Writers:
http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/writers.htm