Re: Writing Quote/Apologies

Subject: Re: Writing Quote/Apologies
From: Kathleen Frost <kfrost -at- BTSQUARED -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 08:33:40 -0400

To all of you who wrote to me about an ad I quoted yesterday, attributig
the piece to Moliere, my apologies. I simply didn't know. I've never read
anything by Moliere and took the quote for what it was, just an ad in a
magazine. I appreciate the correction. It's good to know we have such
literate people sharing information on this list! Keep the good stuff
coming.

One more piece of personal business.
Yesterday, I made a comment about everything needing a writer of some kind
(example: instructions on a bath mat) and I asked if anyone had thought of
editing the instructions that come from Taiwan and China since some of the
translations come out quite funny sometimes. I didn't think until later in
the day that I might have offended someone who worked very hard to
translate between two such diverse languages. (I should know better, I
spent nearly a year working in Hong Kong and admire anyone who could speak
both a tonal language like Cantonese and a rule-making/rule-breaking
language like English. I tried very hard but didn't do very well at it.)
If I offended anyone, I am truely sorry. It was meant only as an amusing
comment. Please accept my deeply felt apology.

Kathy Frost
KFrost -at- BTSquared -dot- com