Re: Lynching?

Subject: Re: Lynching?
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- CHARLESINDUSTRIES -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 14:47:49 -0500

Nope, sorry Jack. Won't do. Can't cast yourself as a victim here.

You complain that your request is called "odd" and "strange"--but you
continue to avoid identifying who you are doing this research for,
what you will do with it, and why you are doing it. It's also not real
research--more of an opinion poll, I'd say. I mean, come on--according
to the most recent bit of information, all your other research
consists of a "growing collection of cartoons." That's pop
culture--not research. And researching pop culture is entirely
legitimate, but if that's what you based your earlier, rather grand
generalizations on--well, I can see why you don't want to divulge any
of your sources!

Many have made entirely legitimate requests for more information,
which you have neatly sidestepped. We have absolutely no reason to
trash our profession for your benefit.

Nora
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com