Re: Myths and Facts From SSI

Subject: Re: Myths and Facts From SSI
From: Mike Collier - SSG <MikeCol -at- SBSERVICES -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:25:03 -0400

>Alexia said:
>
>1. What would we do if Bonney came to our companies selling his
> product/system/method and upper management started to listen?
> He's using management-speak and half-truths to play on management's
> fears. Sneering would not be an effective counter-argument, no
> matter how satisfying it might be ;)
>
>2. There are some valid points twisted into Bonney's post --
> what are we (as individuals, departments, or a profession) doing to
> address these problems?

That's the problem with the whole thing--some of what SSI says is valid,
but a lot may not be. Executives may be sold on a concept based on
half-truths, truths, and incorrect information without consulting their
own in-house experts (i.e., you and me).

I'm not going to repost the whole list of "Myths and Facts" but if
anyone wants to they can go directly there, pick one that stands out and
discuss what you think of it. The url for the "Myths and Facts" page is
http://www.radiotower.com/ssi-can/facts.html