Re: Non-standard Manual Sizes

Subject: Re: Non-standard Manual Sizes
From: Josee Sevigny <jsy -at- DEFACTO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 14:22:00 -0400

Marie C. Paretti wrote:
> Do you need to have non-standard size manuals printed professionally?
> Or is there actually a company out there that will sell me 7 x 9 paper to
> feed into my printer? Or is there some other handy solution I'm missing?

I used to produce 7 x 8.5 manuals. Why that odd size you might ask?
Simple.
An 8.5 x 14 sheet cut in half fits perfectly in those 9 x 9 binders.

So what we did is produce one original on 8.5 x 14 for our printing
service bureau.
I can't remember exactly what was the preparation we had to do but
basically, you create your manual in Word using a legal paper size,
landscape setting, and something like a 7.75 left margin (remember that
margins may be smaller due to lack of space but you still need the space
for the holes).

HTH,
Josée Sévigny