Re: "Air Force One" supports our craft!

Subject: Re: "Air Force One" supports our craft!
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 23:50:02 -0700

"Williams, Diane (contractor)" <Williams_Diane -at- DOTE -dot- OSD -dot- MIL> reminded us:

>Subject: Re: "Air Force One" supports our craft!
>
>Also, "Contact" emphasizes the importance of accurate assembly
>instructions! ;-D

"Contact" also brings into sharp focus the all-too-common attitude of
"If the target audience isn't smart enough to open the online help/read the
blueprints/find the power-button, they shouldn't be using the system!"

<smirk>

(Disclosure: Back when it was just a book I'd read several times, "Contact"
was the first thing that came to mind while I was attending my first STC
online documentation seminar -- 'Make the information *accessible*!' )

Dan Brinegar Information Developer/Research Droid/Mac Guy
http://www.vr2link.com

Who was it that said:
"I believe the only way to get the scale of change we really need is
to focus on educating citizens so they have the principles,
the framework and the tools necessary to effect change on their own."

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com -- CCDB Vr2Link
Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.