Conditional text and help development

Subject: Conditional text and help development
From: Susan Sackett-Wilk <SusanS -at- MICROGRAFX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 13:29:01 -0500

Does anyone know of a help development tool that provides a conditional
text feature like FrameMaker's?

My company is considering providing "lite" versions of some of our
software packages. Pubs would either have to maintain two separate
versions of our help systems, or find a way to conditionally compile the
help. We looked at using build tags, but it just won't work out for a
couple of unpleasant reasons.

What we really need is a tool that we can use to mark *any* specific
text inside a topic (or mark a whole topic) that we want to include or
exclude.

We're faced with developing a program to do this ourselves (yikes!) if
we can't find one.

Thanks in advance,
Susan Sackett-Wilk