Re: What is conditional text?

Subject: Re: What is conditional text?
From: Iain Harrison <iharrison -at- SCT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:12:51 GMT

Conditional text is text that is included or not included according to
some setting or other.

Word handles conditional text just about as well as FrameMaker, but it
isn't so easy to find: look in the help for mail merging,, because mail
merging is a form of conditional text.

I don't know about Wordperfect 7, and I've never found the need for it in
Pagemaker, but I don't think it is there.

Personally, I think conditional text, like automatically-generated HTML,
is often a poor idea. If you can't be bothered to individually assemble
the document, why assume that someone will want to individually read it?

Iain Harrison