Writers vs developers salaries

Subject: Writers vs developers salaries
From: Christine Fedruk <CFED44 -at- CBOT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 16:06:42 -0500

Well, you didn't hear it from ME ...*grin*...but I hear that the Technical
Writers at the Chicago Board of Trade are in the same salary grade as
Senior Programmer Analysts. Hmm... considering that there are four
levels of programmers below SPA and only one above it, I think the TWs
can hold their heads up in the department.

Can't tell you if this is normal for the financial market industry -- or if our
SPAs are hideously underpaid -- but it works for me.

Happy Monday,
Christine