Offtopic: Need help from a WinHelp expert

Subject: Offtopic: Need help from a WinHelp expert
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:50:27 -0500

Sorry in advance for this "tools" topic. I just gotta have some info real
soon, and I know there are some WinHelp experts on this list. Please
respond offline.

Can someone tell me the name of the WinHelp compiler executable? I'm
writing a VB application and want to hook in help but can't find the darned
compiler. (I haven't created WinHelp for a few years, so I'm behind.) I've
been trying to use Microsoft's Help Compiler Workshop (HCW), but it keeps
yakking that it can't read my .RTF file, which I created using Word 97 and
stored in both Word 97 native format (RTF) and saved it to "real" RTF
(what's the difference?) as well.

I don't have a WinHelp help file creation tool other than me-and-my-RTF,
which isn't working so well. I even tried pulling my stuff into WordPad and
saving as RTF, and the HCW still yakked. Makes me think there's nothing
wrong with the RTF but everything wrong with the HCW. Is there any WinHelp
help file creation shareware available?

Regards...Kris