Cascading Style Sheets

Subject: Cascading Style Sheets
From: Michael John Little <hypercom -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 08:14:26 +1000

Hello,
I am wondering if some - one can hlp me with cascading style sheets.
My problem: I converted a Frame document to HTML using the HoTMaLe plug in
(version .85), which uses cascading style
sheets.
Problem 1: When viewed in the browser, the body text appears as the default
Times, rather than Arial.
Problem 2: Editing the *.css file to change the body text to arial and the
default font to arial does not seem to make an effect

1
1. Can you explain the references in the *.css file such as :
H1.Heading 1, H2.Heading 1, H3.Heading 1, H4.Heading 1, H5.Heading 1,
H6.Heading 1{ }
H1.Heading 2, H2.Heading 2, H3.Heading 2, H4.Heading 2, H5.Heading 2,
H6.Heading 2 { }
H1.Heading 3, H2.Heading 3, H3.Heading 3, H4.Heading 3, H5.Heading 3,
H6.Heading 3 { }
H1.Heading 4, H2.Heading 4, H3.Heading 4, H4.Heading 4, H5.Heading 4,
H6.Heading 4 { }
I am confues by what seems to be a repetition of different references in
this file?

P.table body {
text-align: left;
text-indent: 0.000000pt;
margin-top: 0.000000pt;
margin-bottom: 0.000000pt;
margin-right: 0.000000pt;
margin-left: 0.000000pt;
font-size: 9.000000pt;
font-weight: medium;
font-style: Regular;
color: #000000;
text-decoration: none;
vertical-align: baseline;
text-transform: none;
font-family: Arial;
}

P.Body Text {
text-align: left;
text-indent: 0.000000pt;
margin-top: 6.000000pt;
margin-bottom: 6.000000pt;
margin-right: 0.000000pt;
margin-left: 0.000000pt;
font-size: 12.000000pt;
font-weight: medium;
font-style: Regular;
color: #000000;
text-decoration: none;
vertical-align: baseline;
text-transform: none;
font-family: Arial;
}

I edit these entries and they do not seem to make a change in my browser.
Perhaps I need to change my browser, and recommend the audience use the
latest browser? I have Netscape 3.02 Gold, and IE 3.0 .

Desperate!

MIchael John Little
Sine Timore, Per Ardua Ad Astra!

Hyper Communications
Knowledge is Power, yet True Power is Communicating Knowledge

1/36 Lusher Road Croydon Victoria Australia
Tel. (61) 015 886 190 Fax. 613 9722 9668
Email: hypercom -at- c031 -dot- aone -dot- net -dot- au
WWW: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hypercom/welcome.htm