HTML vs. PDF vs. HELP

Subject: HTML vs. PDF vs. HELP
From: A Watkins <awatkins -at- POBOX -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 02:00:57 -0500

I am fixin' to start an online procedures manual for my
department. I had decided that it would
work best as Help, but the more I read about PDF, I wonder
whether it is the better
choice. One of my associates said he preferred HTML, which I
didn't even consider for this project.

Other departments might have access to parts of these procedures,
and since they might not have
a browser or the Reader, I thought Help was appropriate. Maybe
there are options I'm not
aware of.

My question to those of you who have done this type of manual:
which format did you choose
and why? Are you still happy with that decision?

Thanque All.

Alfred Watkins
GTECH Texas Software Engineering
mailto:awatkins -at- pobox -dot- com