Re: HTML vs. PDF vs. HELP

Subject: Re: HTML vs. PDF vs. HELP
From: Dave Chisma & Gail Hodgson <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:05:46 +1000

<SNIP>
> Files produced by Tumbleweed Envoy. It's a competing technology to PDF. An
> envoy print driver is bundled with WordPerfect 6.1, and I've also seen it
> listed in the same breath as Novell products. The only place I've ever seen
> EVY files is on Tumbleweed's home page.
<SNIP>

Coincidentally, I looked at an Envoy file only yesterday. A friend was
raving about WordPerfect's on-line manual. I routinely make on-line PDF
manuals from FrameMaker and was curious about what tool Corel
WordPerfect was using.

The differences I could see in the brief look I had was that PDF has the
advantages of:

- a Bookmark window to jump into the document;
- hot-links to cross-references

The only links I could find in the Envoy manual was from the TOC.
Perhaps others are optional.

Cheers,
Dave Chisma
chisma -at- c031 -dot- aone -dot- net -dot- au