Re: use of he/she/they

Subject: Re: use of he/she/they
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 14:13:10 +0800

"I think you should ask what your boss thinks."

(Whatever you do don't ask *my* boss. He often adds words to his
personal dictionary in Word, because he's not sure what the right
spelling is even when Word flags the wrong one. I read his personal
dictionary once -- it was a riot.)

Ginna said:

> As for the "account representative", frankly I would never write
> that. If I came across it while editing, I would change to:
> "For help, call your representative."
> or: If you need help, call your account representative."

Your versions are much clearer, but they probably have a different
meaning from the original -- the reader may not be the 'end user'.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield
Consolidated Phlogiston Corp.