Re: He/She/They

Subject: Re: He/She/They
From: Brian Martin <martin -at- SODALIA -dot- IT>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:29:26 +0200

At the risk of ad nauseum:

I sort of agree with the idea of "Splunge" as a solution for the
he-she-they problem, although it's too humorous to actually use. I find
the idea of creative spelling to be a trick not worthy of attention
(theye, theire, etc.).

Anyone recall seeing that mail from the "European Language Commission"
regarding the standardization of English spelling. Zat vas reely funy.

I propoze ziz az a solushun: Ve vill kall ze "utrum" von "seyth." Zat
vay ve kan all be kontent. Heer's an eksampel:

Somvon is bozering me in ze offis. I vill furst komplane about seyth,
zen i vill su seyth.

Az you kan zee. It iz entirely jender nutral.