Revision or Version

Subject: Revision or Version
From: Feeman Kevin SC2275 <Feeman_Kevin_SC2275 -at- SATGATE -dot- SAT -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:40:57 MST

Hi all, tired of talking about he/she/they? Well, I have a question
that I am sure will spark a debate. I don't think this topic has ever
been discussed, and if it has, it has been a very long time. I was
wondering, what was used more: Revision or Version.

For Example:

Document A, Rev. A, B, C, etc.
Document A, Version 1, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0, etc.

As i was thinking this delima, I came up with several questions, that
might spark an intersting thread.

Which one is used the most?

Is there a common industry standard?

Why would you use one above the other?

Do different types of documents use one or the other?

What is your opinion on this issue? I would be intersted in what my
peers have to say.

Good day all!

Kevin Feeman
Technical Communicator