refreshing view in Word

Subject: refreshing view in Word
From: "Wittel, Teresa J." <WITTTJ -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 15:19:00 -0700

Scott -

I think that my earlier post may not have been what you wanted.

The simplest way for me to refresh the view in Word is simply click the
page down arrow and then the page up arrow at the right edge of the
window. It forces Word to refresh, but a "graphics-heavy" document may
take a while to repaint on the screen. Have you tried using
"place-holders" (Tools > Options > View tab) for the graphics? It
speeds things up a bit. I also change the zoom to 200%, it seems to be
more accurate for graphics. Remember that Word is really an office
tool and not a top of the line word processing program. It does office
type work very well and is easy to learn. A document replete with
graphics (especially bitmaps - ugh!) probably should be done on a more
appropriate tool, if available.